Living The Values Workshops
Many successful companies such as IBM*, BT, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG put much of their effectiveness down to the fact they have shared corporate values which support and unify everyone in the organisation on the basis of what is agreed to be fundamentally important to all. By sharing values we can predict one another’s behaviours and are likely to feel safer, more comfortable, more trusting of each other. This can lead in turn to a greater sense of belonging in which living the values becomes a condition for being part of the community
The potential benefits of Values:
- Enhances employee loyalty through involvement and participation
- Greater trust and loyalty from customers, suppliers and others
- Faster decision making
- Synergistic working at all levels
Often organisations pay “lip service” to values and the values amount to little more than words on paper, leaving employees feeling cynical about future change initiatives. To really reap the potential benefits of having corporate values, they need to be lived everyday by everyone.
Whether your company already has established values which may have got “stuck” or you would like to implement a values programme, these workshops can maximise the benefits which are possible to achieve by launching such an initiative.
These workshops are dynamic and based on the specific needs of your organisation right now. There are however a number of key sessions which can be selected from the following list:
- What are “Values”
- Identify a set of core values
- Launching the values programme
- Explore the meaning of the values
- Consider how the values can be lived by everyone
- Overcoming difference
- What does committing to the values mean?
- How do we truly live the values?
- What happens when things go wrong
* To see what Samuel J. Palmisano (Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of IBM) has to say about values go to www.ibm.com/ibm/values/us/
If you would like to discuss how you can “Live the Values”, please call us now on 01279 507986.